The eleventh newsletter of the Independent Expert is now available here. It describes his recent activities and other events related to the mandate, especially in connection with the 20th Conference of the Parties to the Framework Convention on Climate Change, in Lima, Peru, in December 2014.
Tag Archives | Newsletters
This newsletter describes the recent actions of the Independent Expert on human rights and the environment, including statements to meetings in Boston, Copenhagen, and Lima. The newsletter also outlines future consultations in South Africa and Thailand.
Read the entire newsletter here: December 2013 Newsletter.
The newsletter describes the Independent Expert's upcoming meetings in Vienna and Panama and a country visit to Costa Rica. The meetings will help to map human rights obligations relating to the environment and to identify good practices in using rights-based approaches to environmental policy-making.
The Independent Expert announces the public release of his first report, available through the OHCHR in all six official UN languages. Upcoming events include the UNEP Governing Council/Global Ministerial Environmental Forum where Prof. Knox is scheduled to speak on strengthening the relationship between human rights and the environment. Formal presentation of his first report is scheduled to be on March 6 at the Human Rights Council Session. The next report will be released in March of 2014 and will focus on on mapping the current law pertaining to the environment.
This newsletter provides an update on the work of the UN Independent Expert on Human Rights and the Environment. Important upcoming events include a consultation in Nairobi in February of 2013 and the first report, due to be presented to the Human Rights Council in March 2013. The first report will concentrate on scoping the evolving relationship between human rights and the environment and will set out a plan of action for the next two years.
- Reports and Consultations
- Research Materials
- Press Room
- Environmental Human Rights Defenders
- Environmental Rights Database
- Putting Rio Principle 10 into action October 29, 2015
- @SREnvironment on Twitter August 19, 2015
- Baskut Tuncak calls for transparency in investigation of Tianjin explosion August 19, 2015
- Launch of Enviro Rights Map v2.0 August 18, 2015
- Global Network for the Study of Human Rights and the Environment Annual Symposium August 18, 2015
- Newsletter no. 22 March 24, 2017
- U.N. Expert: Biodiversity Is Essential To Human Rights March 17, 2017
- Knox Statement to Human Rights Council March 8, 2017
- UN rights experts condemn Viet Nam for incommunicado detention of blogger ‘Mother Mushroom’ March 8, 2017
- Special Rapporteurs call for new treaty on pesticides March 7, 2017